Happiness All Along: Joy shared with Old Treasurers / MOKSHADA CHOUDHARY

                                              



Arriving at  Ghuwati, Assam for summer vacations, I decided to do the one thing that excites me the most; meeting people! In search for these people I stumbled upon Promod Talukdar Memorial Old Age Home: a adobe for elderies. The weathered gate, nostalgia washed over me like a gentle wave, carrying me back to days filled with laughter which I enjoyed with my grandparents. Unlike my grandparents they didnt have people like us, a person whom they can talk with and share their stories! For this purpose I decided to visit them and spread the fimilarity all over the place!

Stepping across the threshold, I was greeted by the most wonderful and friendly uncle, who was a care taker in the organisation, he welcomed us with a big smile on his face! As I went inside I saw the fimiliar site; a picture of smiling faces. This home almost housed around 75 senior citizen which were brought upon from different places all over the country! The full diverse nature of this place allowed us to interact with everyone and listen to every person's story. 

Further on, we were schoked to see that people like us with the same motive decided to celebrate a birthday bash with the elderies. They were college going students doing a good deed! So alomost like a festive celebration we celebrated with everyone sharing the joy with each single person. With this I also took some food rations with me like: vegetable, rice, pulses and many more things. 

With curiosity piqued, I gingerly talked to each individual and listening to one poked me on my edge. The uncle whom I was talking to, he was a musician and played flute and harmonium( instrument used for Indian classical music). He was a great one indeed, there is a video below how beautifully he played! And being a musician myself I also played harmonium with him to soar his talent in front of everyone!

As the evening drew to a close and the stars painted the sky with their celestial glow, I couldn't help but feel a profound sense of gratitude for this journey of rediscovery. In the embrace of this old home, amidst food rations and shared joy, I had found not only a glimpse into the past but also a beacon of hope for the future—a reminder that no matter where life may lead,  you should always stay positive and try to be happy as much as you can!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rediscovering Fullfillness! / MOKSHADA CHOUDHARY

Cooking Classes with Someone New! / MOKSHADA CHOUDHARY

TRIBES FOR GOOD : SCIENCE FAIRS FOR UNDERPRIVILEGE / MOKSHADA CHOUDHARY